Beyond the response below, I would encourage you to contact several different adoption agencies in your area and find the best fit for you.
Adoption costs are determined by many different factors, just to name a few:
- Type of agency (church subsidized, private, foster, international).
- Gender and race of the adopted child.
- Single or multiple child placement.
- Adoptive parents annual income.
- How many lawyers are needed. In our case we actually needed two lawyer offices, because the birth family was in a different state than where we reside.
- Medical expenses.
- Birthparent needs.
The process varies as well. I hate to use the phrase "it depends" however, it really does.
I hope this helps in answering your question. Good luck and God bless!